Goggle Sound System
There are four different audio modes. On the back of controller there are 4 audio jacks:
- "IN," "OUT," "REC IN," and "REC OUT."
- "IN" takes stimulus audio line-in from computer
- "OUT" plays whatever is coming through "IN"
- "OUT REC" plays whatever is spoken through the headset microphone
- "IN REC" is a mystery
- Keep computer volume relatively low (midway)
- Use Patient Audio Volume control on remote interface (leftmost dial)
Note: The headset can play VERY VERY loud before subject puts on headset, so make sure patient audio level is at a minimum. Manually increase volume until you find suitable level.
- Use System Audio volume control on remote interface (second from right dial). This volume can also be controlled via any manual volume controls on your speakers.
"OUT REC" volume:
- Use the patient mic volume dial on remote interface (2nd from left). Note: You have the option, of connecting RECOUT either to external speakers OR directly to a computer line-in. If directly connected to a computer, you will still be able to hear the microphone through the goggle speaker.
Experimenter's voice volume
- Press "talk" and then adjust the leftmost dial. Again the experimenter's voice can be very very loud so it is best to start with this pretty low.
Note: Do not leave dangling audio cables! They can act as an antenna and damage the system.